Easy stitching initiatives for inexperienced persons and superior. Shortly sew initiatives with step-by-step directions. Would make fast stitching initiatives on the market or as a present. Most are easy and simple to create.
1-Crumb Quilt Approach Tutorial – Crumb Quilting
If you’re something like us, you most likely have a great deal of small scraps of material that you just simply don’t know what to do with. You don’t need to toss them out however they’re too small to really do something with. That’s the place the crumb quilt approach comes into play. With this system you should use up all of these small bits of material to make lovely, colourful material that you should use to make quilts, cushion covers, applique, luggage, desk runners and extra.
SCROLL DOWN TO WATCH THE FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL
Our crumb quilt tutorial video goes by the steps intimately however in a nutshell it includes stitching collectively all of these little bits of material collectively to kind one large piece of material that you could then minimize right down to measurement to fit your mission.
- You begin by taking two bits of material and so long as each of these bits of material have a minimum of one straight edge, you merely sew them collectively. You may see within the picture beneath that the 2 items each have a straight edge, so I can sew the 2 collectively. It doesn’t matter in the event that they aren’t the identical size so don’t assume an excessive amount of about lining issues up completely. I additionally don’t fear about ironing the material at this level.
- Proceed to stitch two items collectively till you might have round 10 to 20 items. To hurry issues up be sure to chain piece.
- You may as well sew a number of scraps onto one lengthy strip.
- You may see an instance of this within the picture beneath. It seems a bit odd in the mean time however we are going to trim these up additional on within the course of.
- Now you simply must take these items your simply sewed and trim them. (I do press the seams to 1 aspect earlier than trimming.) The aim is to kind as straight line that can can help you sew it to a different piece. You may trim alongside the aspect like within the picture beneath.
- Or you possibly can minimize straight by the center. This provides you with two crumb items to stitch to make use of.
- For the lengthy piece of material, you possibly can see beneath how I trimmed this piece.
- I even minimize some on an angle to create curiosity.
- After you have trimmed every of those two patch items, you might be prepared to stitch them collectively. Again at your stitching machine, merely take one piece and stitch it to a different. Once more, you don’t want to fret that they aren’t the identical measurement or size. So long as you might have two straight edges, you possibly can sew them collectively.
- See how good it’s beginning to look already with simply 4 items of material sewn collectively.
- You may even use a protracted strip once more, like within the earlier step. Merely lay out the strip and connect items to it.
- That is what it seems like as soon as the items have been sewn on.
- After you have completed stitching the 2 patches into 4 patches, come again to your reducing desk and trim all of them as soon as once more to kind a straight edge, similar to you probably did with the primary lot of items. You may as well minimize on an angle – simply go together with what fits you however don’t assume an excessive amount of about it as you narrow.
- The aim is to maintain stitching the items collectively till you kind a bit of material large enough to make use of in a mission of some kind.